I gave a presentation on type error diagnosis for domain-specific languages at Curry On Prague, a wonderful venue for all things programming language. You can find the on-line
video right here
I am on the PC of ICFP 2016
to be held in Japan, the premier venue for everything to do with functional programming.
I am on the Steering Comittee of the ETAPS symposia
, representing the EAPLS
(the European Association of Programming Languages and
- Static analysis including:
- type and effect systems for (lazy) functional languages
- feedback oriented static analysis with a focus on functional languages
- type error diagnosis for EDSLs
- soft typing for dynamic languages
- legacy to SOA migration, software modernization
- The Helium compiler
- Switching classes: a sideline from my Ph D period. As a result of that work, my Erdös number is three.
- Plagiarism detection with Marble and Holmes
Ph D projects done under my supervision
- project DOMain-Specific Type Error Diagnosis (DOMSTED), one Ph D student in the NWO Free Competition (round Autumn 2012). Appointed PhD student is Alejandro Serrano Mena.
- project Higher-Ranked Polyvariance Explored, one Ph D student in the NWO Free Competition (round Autumn 2011). Appointed PhD student is Ruud Koot.
- project on Future Internet Testing, accepted 2010 (together with Wishnu Prasetya and many others). One PhD student and a scientific programmer on log-based testing (Ph D candidate Alexander Elyasov).
- project on Service Extraction from Decomposed Software Monoliths in the Financial Domain ( ServiciFi) (NWO Jacquard 5th round, 2010). Two Ph D students, supervised together with Slinger Jansen. (Ph D candidates Amir Saeidi and Ravi Khadka).
- project on Scriptable Compilers (NWO Open Competition Spring 2004) The Ph D candidate for this proposal was Stefan Holdermans
- Bastiaan Heeren worked on improving type error messages for Haskell 98. He got his Ph D in 2005. You can find him here
Current and future activities
- PC member of ICFP 2016 to be held in Nara, Japan
- PC member of CSERC '16 to be held in Pretoria, South Africa
- Publicity Chair of the IFL Symposia (since September 2012)
Here are some of my older activities
I am the main responsible for
I share responsibility for teaching the COSC Master courses on Types and Semantics (INFOMTS) and Compiler Construction (INFOMCCO).
I assist students in preparing for their colloquium talk, do an Experimentation Project
, or do a Master project
I have been involved in numerous other courses. Here
is an overview.
I am currently member of the following (inter)national committee(s):
I am currently member of the following local committee(s):